The current organ was installed and designed by Sebastian Gluck, a New York based organ builder, in 2014. It consists of 20 ranks over 2 pedals. Further details can be found in the following article written by Sebastian Gluck and Eric Milnes in the cover feature in The Diapason Magazine in September 2014.
And excerpt from the article: "The remarkable oak casework was carved by William and Alexander Clow of Edinburgh to the designs of Sir Robert Stodart Lorimer, and was the gift of Mr. and Mrs. John Pierpont Morgan. The Clow brothers had completed the carved figures in the Chapel of the Knights of the Order of the Thistle at St. Giles Cathedral, Edinburgh, in 1911 and were a perfect team to work on a small summer church of this stature. The organ case was part of a much larger decorative program by Sir Robert and financed by Morgan; the entirety of St. John’s is pavé with exuberant carving in this style."
For more information about Glück pipe organs, video presentations, compact discs, workshops, and lectures, please visit gluckpipeorgans.com.
Photo credit: All photos by Albert Jensen-Moulton